Re: GIS problem

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, I have now got the GIS with printing running nicely here:
> http://109.74.202.200:8080/ke (admin/district)
>
> The printing functionality is really cool, as is the Help functionality. I
> also very much like the labeling (we may need to add labeling of overlays
> also).
>
> Is there an easy way to get at the generated image for inclusion in other
> documents?

Not yet. The not so elegant print screen button is still the way to capture
screen shots.

> A few observations:
>
> - The GIS module chrashes google-chrome on Linux Mint 8, but works fine in
> Firefox and Opera.

-  I don't think we need this statement "This panel should be rather
> self-explanatory ."

Hehe, agreed. I commited a minor GIS doc update two hours ago and this line
was removed of course.

> -  When selecting a map view, full zoom out is applied, so the map becomes
> really tiny. Should zoom to preferred extent

This is a backwards compatibility issue. Map views now store the current
zoom level and center position as opposed to earlier when the zoom and
position registered to the map were used. Older map views obviously don't
have this information stored, so creating new ones will get rid of your
problem. However, I will commit a fix to this problem by using the zoom and
position registered to the map when a map view without this information is
loaded.

> - There seems to be some inconsistency in whether the background gets
> printed or not Sometimes it also hangs after printing. I have not figured
> out the pattern yet.

Hm ok. Never happened to me though.

> - We should have a Help tab for printing also, explaining that the user
> must click the PDF button again to get out of print  mode

Agreed. Simply expanding one of the other panels will get you out of print
mode, but there should be doc on it anyway.

> - The "generating choropleth" message comes on top of the print box and
> thus obfuscates it

Ok, please explain more thoroughly when this happens.

Thanks for the feedback.