Re: GIS problem

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Jan Henrik Øverland <
janhenrik.overland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Is there an easy way to get at the generated image for inclusion in other
>> documents?
>>

> Not yet. The not so elegant print screen button is still the way to capture
> screen shots.

Right...I see that I can get the background layer easily from the PDF, but
not the vector layer (which is what is of interest).

> -  When selecting a map view, full zoom out is applied, so the map becomes
>> really tiny. Should zoom to preferred extent
>>

> This is a backwards compatibility issue. Map views now store the current
> zoom level and center position as opposed to earlier when the zoom and
> position registered to the map were used. Older map views obviously don't
> have this information stored, so creating new ones will get rid of your
> problem. However, I will commit a fix to this problem by using the zoom and
> position registered to the map when a map view without this information is
> loaded.

Ok, this is a minor problem then. Works well with new views.

>  - There seems to be some inconsistency in whether the background gets
>> printed or not Sometimes it also hangs after printing. I have not figured
>> out the pattern yet.
>>

> Hm ok. Never happened to me though.
>

>> - The "generating choropleth" message comes on top of the print box and
>> thus obfuscates it
>

> Ok, please explain more thoroughly when this happens.

Will test the above two aspects a bit more. Konqueror also had a number of
issues, so Opera seems to be the front runner on Linux (GIS is not so cool
in browsers like Lynx http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynx_%28web_browser%29)

I get an error in Firebug telling me it cannot find the following file:

http://109.74.202.200:8080/ke/dhis-web-mapping/resources/mapfish/widgets/geostat/Static.js

But it still seems to work, so I guess it doesn't matter?

Knut