Front end engineering ...

Looking at our ajax stuff while tracking ognl issues I notice that we
have two copies of request.js:

./dhis-web-maintenance/dhis-web-maintenance-dataset/src/main/webapp/dhis-web-maintenance-dataset/javascript/request.js
./dhis-web-commons-resources/src/main/webapp/request.js

It looks like the dhis-web-maintenance-dataset version was "forked"
off the original and a few changes made.  I noticed this because I was
trying to set the content type on a request header only to find that
it wasn't supported in our (two!) homegrown ajax request components.
Two suggestions [which are somewhat contradictory :-) ]:

1.  We should merge the request.js changes back into
web-commons-resources taking care not to break the many dependencies
2.  We are already using jquery quite extensively in the frontend,
which has well developed and widely used ajax components.  Perhaps we
should simply retire request.js entirely.

Thoughts?

Bob.

Follow ups