Re: Can we bump organisationunitid from int to bigint?

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Generating an orgunit hierarchy in dxf is relatively straightforward.
> As long as you have some kind of parent id reference to work with.
>
> I am not sure of the algorithm to use for the simplification part but
> I guess it must be pretty standard?  You are just reducing the number
> of points on a polygon right?  My rusty maths could probably figure
> out an algorithm but this has got to already exist.  Does anyone have
> any pointers?

Yes - there is Douglas-Peucker, Visvalingam and Special Visvalingam,
you can test them at the following link. But some of these create
cracks between polygons.
http://mapshaper.com/test/demo.html

> If there is some reasonable java code to do this, then
> I would create a java class to do it somewhere in dhis and make that
> class available as a an extension to the xalan xslt processor.  That
> sounds complicated but its not really.  I did something similar with
> calculating dates off excel's (dodgy) date representation.
>
> Can you dump your data source (or some of it) into some kind of xml
> and I can take a quick look at it.

Will send you something soon, just let me get to know Talend SDI a bit first.

> Regarding importing orgunits from excel templates I have some
> unfinished work which has been lying on the backburner while I have
> been negotiating message formats with openmrs/ihris folk this week.
> Basically still need to tidy up importing from zip containers.  I hope
> to get back to that soon.  But that should not prevent this scenario
> from working.  Regarding ids I think its right to avoid getting
> complicated with the database stuff.  In the dxf we can just number
> them 1,2,3,4.. etc.  The  DHIS convertor will worry about what the
> actual database ids are.

True. We may want to keep the 21 character LVLIDs in the CODE field.

Knut