Re: update select data element function in design data entry form more easier, simple and faster

Thanks Ola. This is first version, i will upgrade it

On 12 October 2010 18:34, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Tri,
> Nice work on the form designer, I agree that it is now better and faster.
> Here are a few suggestions to further improvements (should go into a
> blueprint, but I start here...):
> 1. Only show non-selected (available) data elements in the data element list
> This will make it a lot easier to find data elements when working on large
> data sets, and to avoid duplication (using a data element more than one
> place)
Your mean, if dataelement was inserted into form, it will not show in
available list, right ?

> 2. Add a filter by name on top of the data element list
> Very useful on large data sets.
Yes, i agree with you, i will upgrade later because now i must
implement same way for patient module.

> 3. Add a possibility to sort the list by catcombo name asc, data element
> name asc, catoptioncombo name asc
> This is sometimes needed when working on data sets with multiple catcombos
> and many data elements and will make it a lot faster to find what you are
> looking for. Alternatively add a "filter by catcombo" on top of the list.
Ok, i will implement.

> 4. Double-click to insert data elements.
> Right now the user has to first select a data element and then click on
> <Insert> at the bottom of the list.
> Double-click insert will speed up the use her, especially when working with
> long DE lists.
Your idea like Thuy, she told me, thank

> 5. Preview function
> A bigger job I guess, but a preview window would be great to have to avoid
> having to go to data entry to test the form while designing.
Yes of course,  should do this.