Re: Question on DHIS 1.4 file of routine data values of type !=EntryNumber

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 11:59 AM, Jason Pickering <
jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi there. I have a question regarding the DHIS 1.4 import process.
> DHIS 1.4 separates different types of values (boolean, number, text)
> into three separate columns in the RoutineData  table, namely
> EnitryText, EntryNumber, EntryYesNo. DHIS 2 stores all of these values
> in the routinedata object/table as character varying(255).
>
> Taking a look at the source file
>
> dhis-services/dhis-service-importexport/src/main/resources/sqlmap/routineDataValue.sqlmap.xml
> I see this line of code..
>
>    <select id="getRoutineDataValues" resultMap="routineDataValueResultMap">
>        SELECT DataElementID, DataPeriodID, OrgUnitID, EntryNumber,
> LastUserID FROM RoutineData
>    </select>
>
> Does this imply that the data stored in EntryText and EntryNumber
> columns are not imported?

You are right. This is a major oblivion. Write a bug for it and I will fix
it.

> I guess more importantly as well, if there
> are values in the EntryYesNo for instance (which might be 1) and a
> NULL value is returned with this query (as  number would not exist in
> the EntryNumber column, and DHIS 2 would transform the NULL entity
> into a 0, it would seem that the incorrect number would be imported.
> Again, not fully understanding the code, it is difficult for me to
> really understand everything that is going on, but I thought I would
> at least ask, to put my fears to rest.

Yes this is a consequence of the above but it will not affect the output in
DHIS 2 as we use "true" / "false" for boolean values, a "0" will be
ignored.

> Also, I see at http://ibatis.apache.org/ that the project has been
> retired. Any plans to upgrade to what Ibatis has become
> (http://www.mybatis.org/)

No immediate plans but should be looked into.

Lars