Beneficiary aggregation issues

Hi there,

Am new to DHIS2 and need some help with understanding how beneficiary
aggregation works / how to set it up. At the moment I am using a very
simple database with 3 people who have been enrolled in a program with a
single program stage that consists of a blood test. The patient data
element for this test is a simple 'yes / no' correlating to whether the
test was positive or not. I now want to count the total number of tests
performed (either yes or no) and the number of positives (yes only) into
two aggregate data elements ('Total number' and 'Total positive'). I
therefore created two separate aggregation query builders with the
following condition (where  [DE:36.35.13] is the blood test program
stage data element):

[DE:36.35.13]
[DE:36.35.13] = yes

I thought that I could then click on a button and the data would be
aggregated and populate the correct data elements. However I see I need
to set-up a dataset to even try and aggregate. I therefore set-up a
dataset with the yes/no blood test patient data element. Selecting all
the weeks available and clicking on aggregate gave the message 'No
values added or updated'

I know that I am doing something majorly wrong, but can't for the life
of me work it out. Any general advice would be very gratefully received.
Am happy to supply more info if I haven't been clear on anything....

I am using DHIS2.1-snapshot on linux.

Thanks in advance
Dan
--