Re: Can't view a report design(.jrxml) uploaded

Kim Anh,

There have been some major changes/improvements to report tables in 2.1
snapshot (trunk) in the last few days and the old approach of linking jasper
reports to physical report tables in the database will no longer work. Lars
mentioned this briefly in a commit message last week and promised to get
back to us with more information on how to upgrade old reports to the new
2.1 report table approach.

Until Lars writes up the instructions here is what you can do to test how
the new approach works:
1) Create a new report table
2) Run the report tables and click on the Download Jasper design button to
download a template .jrxml file.
3) Open the template in iReport (4.0 is recommended now) and make any
changes you like (preview will not work as there is no local data source)
4) Back in DHIS2, create/update a standard report and upload the modified
.jrmxl file. Run the report to view or preview your changes.
5) Continue work on the design in iRport and keep updating the standard
report (re-upload your local jrxml file) in DHIS 2 to preview your changes.

Combined with pre-built data marts (scheduled batch job during the night)
this new approach is a major improvement to multi and concurrent user
environments on online servers.
We are looking into how we can make it easier for report designers to
preview their reports inside iReport, but for now you will have to follow
the steps outlined above. For some reason iReport does not seem to yet
support xml based data sources over the web (just local xml files).

Ola

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>