Re: Alternative names

I could understand that one dataelement may have many alias names for many
report forms or data sets or programs. But that not mean we need to put more
than 1 alternative name, or even we don't need to put in the system
alternative names. Because as real case, no one has time to do that. Instead
of creating more names, we can make a document which will contain reference
between dataelement names, dataelement id with the data unit name in the
specified report. That's what I usually do. May be put alternative name is
good. but we also have the description area for the dataelement. We can put
alias names there if we like.

--
**Thuy