uuid

Lars and Jo and I have been discussing a bit about ids off list.

One conclusion we have reached is that we should auto-generate a
unique identifier which is not quite as cumbersome as a uuid.

You might have noticed the CodeGenerator class which has recently
appeared in the api.  This generates an 11 character code matching
regex [0-9a-zA-Z]{11}.  That is 62^11 unique permutations (or 5.2e19)
which is a reasonably big number.

It seems unnecessary to maintain both this and the uuid.  Which begs
the question, is anybody actually using the uuid currently?

Cheers
Bob

Follow ups