Re: uuid

UUID is optimized in a lot of database systems, if those are put in IDENTITY
columns
Any other generated unique ids are going to be treated as plain varchar

REST services should probably make use of UUID because its easy and
most-likely safe to be unique across implementations

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA

My Tech Blog:  http://sunnytalkstech.blogspot.com