DXF Imports in 2.6 (Concepts and Constants)

Hi there. I am having big problems importing from 2.6 to 2.6 systems.
Importing from 2.5 to 2.6 seems to work OK, with some caveats. However,
import between 2.6 systems is broken . There seem to be several issues
which I have discussed off list with both Bob and Hieu, but there are some
design issues around these objects which I wanted to raise to the group.
First, there are a number of objects which thrown
UnsupportedOperationExceptions if there is a match

    @Override
    protected void importMatching( Concept object, Concept match )
    {
        throw new UnsupportedOperationException( "Concept can only be
unique or duplicate" );
    }

for instance.

What is the intention with this? If the concept matches, shouldn't we
simply ignore it? Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here.

Regardless, for the case of constants, I am of the opinion that once they
have been added to the system they should essentially by inviolable,
meaning they should not be able to be updated from a DXF import. Otherwise,
they are not really a constant.

The workaround which I have for the moment is to change the minor version
to 1.2 and remove the entire block of DXF which contains the constants.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Jason

Follow ups