Re: DXF Imports in 2.6 (Concepts and Constants)

Thanks Jason for this.There are other issues with dxf import in 2.6.We just reported an issue...
Ime

--- On Fri, 2/3/12, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Dhis2-devs] DXF Imports in 2.6 (Concepts and Constants)
To: "dhis2-devs" <dhis2-devs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, February 3, 2012, 9:34 AM

Hi there. I am having big problems importing from 2.6 to 2.6 systems. Importing from 2.5 to 2.6 seems to work OK, with some caveats. However, import between 2.6 systems is broken . There seem to be several issues which I have discussed off list with both Bob and Hieu, but there are some design issues around these objects which I wanted to raise to the group. First, there are a number of objects which thrown UnsupportedOperationExceptions if there is a match

    @Override    protected void importMatching( Concept object, Concept match )    {        throw new UnsupportedOperationException( "Concept can only be unique or duplicate" );
    }
for instance.
What is the intention with this? If the concept matches, shouldn't we simply ignore it? Perhaps I am misunderstanding something here.

Regardless, for the case of constants, I am of the opinion that once they have been added to the system they should essentially by inviolable, meaning they should not be able to be updated from a DXF import. Otherwise, they are not really a constant.

The workaround which I have for the moment is to change the minor version to 1.2 and remove the entire block of DXF which contains the constants.
Thoughts?

Regards,Jason