Complete dataset registrations in data export/import

One thing that is a step backwards with the separation of data and metadata is that the complete dataset registrations does not appear to be included anymore… I can see this would be difficult with the the CSV file, but could it be included with the XML-export perhaps? Or does it count as metadata?