Orphaned orgunits during creation of a new orgunit

Hi Devs,

I do not have an exact procedure to recreate this bug,  but it has
been reported numerous times by different users which attempt to
create an orgunit as a child of an existing orgunit. For some reason
(perhaps related to a bad internet connection but no clue really) . I
can verify that a new "root" orgunit will be created with a NULL
parentid. However, in version 2.8 the newly created root orgunit
(which should be a child of an existing orgunit) does not appear.
Since I cannot define a procedure for this to happen, I cannot really
if maybe a warning could be added if the parentID is NULL. This is
such an uncommon operation, that it might help to justify such a
warning.

Best regards,
Jason

Follow ups