Re: Strange request from 127.0.0.1

Hi Jason,

On 19 July 2013 22:26, Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On a related note Bob,  do you know how to get the "real IP" of the server
> into the Tomcat logs? The header directive is necessary, but does not show
> up in my Tomcat logs with the user's IP. I somehow think it is not possible
> but maybe I am missing something.

I am assuming you are getting the client IP shown correctly in the access
logs in tomcat.
The server IP is showing 127.0.0.1 because that what its connector has been
bound to. Change the connector's address to the public address and it will
show you that in the logs.

<Connector
    port="8080"
    protocol="HTTP/1.1"
    address="<public-IP here>"
    connectionTimeout="20000"
    redirectPort="8443"
  />

If its dynamic address, it will be problematic though...

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA

My Tech Blog:  http://sunnytalkstech.blogspot.com