Interoperability question

Hi all,

We are wondering about the best form to import in DHIS2 data from legacy
applications.

In chapter “26.4. Transforming data - a Java route” of the User Manual we
see that there is a way to do this integration using Java routes, but we are
having some difficulties in implementing a proof of concept.

In our PoC scenario we have a XLS file sent by an external application
(DataValues.xls in attach). Our idea is to create a Java route in order to
import all data values that exist in that file.

Following the tutorial “Customer 3: Excel via e-mail” presented in the
Apache Camel page -
<http://camel.apache.org/tutorial-business-partners.html>
http://camel.apache.org/tutorial-business-partners.html - we have been able
to transform the XLS file in a list of DataValue objects.

Basically, we only had to create a XLSDataIn route and a ExcelConverterBean
(files in attach). The XLSDataIn takes an InputStream of an XLS file and
calls the ExcelConverterBean. The ExcelConverterBean iterates through the
file, and for each data value row, creates a new DataValue object and adds
that object to a list of DataValue objects.

Now we are having some issues because we don’t know the best way to insert
these data values in DHIS2.

The questions we are having are:

1.       The approach that we have used to implement our PoC is the correct
one? I mean, XLS -> List<DataValue> -> import is correct or we should use
XLS -> CSV -> import?

2.       How should we proceed, after the XLS file has been processed by the
ExcelConverterBean?

Thanks for your support,

 <mailto:*%20your-email%20*> Paulo Grácio
Technical Manager
Skype: paulojrgracio

 <http://www.criticalsoftware.co.uk/> Critical Software Mozambique
Dependable Technologies for Critical Systems

Critical Software Mozambique is a subsidiary of  <http://cmmiinstitute.com/>
Critical Software, a CMMI® Level 5 rated Company
CMMI® is registered in the USPTO by  <http://www.cmu.edu/> CMU

Rua Pereira Marinho, 179
Bairro de Sommerchield
Maputo
Moçambique
Phone: (+258) 214 951 45
Fax: (+258) 214 951 46

DISCLAIMER: This message is confidential and may contain privileged
information. It is for use only by the people or entities to whom it is
addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, you should not disclose,
distribute, copy, print, rely on or otherwise make use of this message. If
an addressing or transmission error has misdirected it to you we would be
grateful if you would please notify the sender by return, before deleting it
from your system.