Re: USERS-Password

Hi Riddy,

The password uses the username as a salt for the password so even if two users have the same password the encrypted password will not be the same
org.hisp.dhis.security.spring.SpringSecurityPasswordManager is the class that contains the algorithm.

I don’t think that users can be created via the Web API yet, some correct me if that isn’t true.

I suggest you use the dhis-adhoc tool to create users, there isn’t much documentation on it that I know of, but there is a working example here
If you look at the changes here https://code.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/pii-encrypt (note the encryption here isn’t related to password encryption so look at it as more of a template)

You’ll likely have to update the first section of the pom.xml to reflect what version of DHIS 2 you are using.
<parent>
    <groupId>org.hisp.dhis</groupId>
    <artifactId>dhis-services</artifactId>
    <version>2.15-SNAPSHOT</version>