Re: DHIS2 - Indicator calculation over dimensions

Hi Robin,
You lost me. Could you maybe give a somewhat simpler example by what you
mean by an "intermediary calculation"?

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to acheive, but what I can say is
that in certain cases, I have had to write my own calculation methods for
certain indicators which are basically impossible to calculate with the
current implementation in DHIS2. It works fine for simple sums, averages,
and other types of statistical things (standard deviation, etc), but for
instance, if you want to calculate other statistical properties (skewness,
kurtosis) of a given set of values, there is not a way to do it directly
with DHIS2. Also, certain indicators depend on component parts, and cannot
be calculated the way DHIS2 does it, by first summing up the numerator and
denominator and then dividing it, as opposed to calculating a non-weighted
average of compulsory pairs of data. What I am getting at, is that you may
have to write your own calculation methods, depending on how complex they
are.

Regards,
Jason