Extending Complete DataSet Registration

Hi All,

In India, we have a functionality called Data Entry Status which is to
calculate the coverage of dataentry. For instance a health clinic /
facility which has a monthly dataset of 100 dataelements in which 70
dataelements have been filled then we show 70% as data entry status for
that clinic. Data entry status coverage can be calculated for multiple
orgunits and for multiple periods for a selected dataset. This
functionality was developed as a Java module. Now we are working on
converting this functionality into an App.

While working on App we had thought of 2 options to get this functionality
working:

Option 1 is getting all data for each clinic and each period using webapi
request and divide by number of dataelements (including category option
combos) and mulitplying with 100 to get percentage for each clinic and for
each period. Formula is

Filled Data Items
-------------------------   X 100
Total Data Items

But making webapi request to get all data seems expensive as we really
don't need data we just need the count.

So another option (Option2) is extending Complete Data Set Registration
functionality, when user clicks on complete button we can also calculate
how many items are filled and we can store in the same object. Meaning we
can add one more property / column to Complete DataSet Registration say
filledDataItemCount.

We would prefer this option, please let us know if this extension is
agreeable to be part of core, if yes we can work on this and can send patch
file.

If there are any other solutions please share, Thanks

Bharath Kumar. Ch

Follow ups