DHIS Server - Setting up a scheduled event data check and update

Hi,

In DHIS Server, we are trying to create a scheduled task that checks events
and update some data in events.

We like to avoid using database scheduler (like pgadmin III PgAgent)

That leaves us (We think) with:

  - cron job with shell script using database sql comments (in file)
  - cron job with java executable (and Web API calls within Java)

We prefer to do this using Web API.

Does that mean 'cron job with java executable' is the only choice we could
have for our operation?

Any suggestion on other methods that we could use to set up a 'Web API data
checking/updating' scheduled task?  (If there is, could you also provide us
with example?)

Thank you.

Follow ups