Information about Metadata Sync

Hi dhis-devs

I am from ThoughtWorks India and we are working for MSF (OCA). There is a
requirement to synchronize data/metadata across multiple dhis instances.
The deployment strategy that we have is: A central instance called as
Headquarters(HQ) and multiple field level instances for data collection.
The central instance is
responsible for creation of the metadata and do data analysis(data
collected from fields get synced to the HQ instance). So, this essentially
is a classical case of a distributed setting.

Data Sync functionality is built into the system. But for metadata sync
there is no direct or consolidated functionality implemented. We explored
the Metadata Export and Import functionality as a probable solution.

But then I stumbled upon this mail thread
https://lists.launchpad.net/dhis2-users/msg05889.html and there is a
mention of some synchronization tool under development with support coming
in from HISP India developers.
I had a look at the branches and this is what I think is their development
branch: https://code.launchpad.net/~dhis2-devs-core/dhis2/synchmanager_2.20

So, I wanted to understand a couple of things here:

1. Actual requirements/ blue print of the feature under development.
2. If we could get a high level solution approach that has been followed.
3. The roadmap in terms of feature release and also what all has been
implemented so far.

Also, would it be possible to have it all discussed over a call?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

--
With Regards
Vanya