GSoC '16 - Reimplementing android data capture applications to use shared data store

Hello,
I'm Sakchham Sharma. I intend to contribute to DHIS under GSoC '16 by
implementing a unified data store for all DHIS android data capture
applications. I read the summary for the above project idea and went
through the github repos of the data capture applications. I quote from the
summary, " “UI” or client apps which will be talking to shared database,
should use android’s IPC framework called AIDL in order to query and store
data."
In my opinion I feel it would be best implemented via means of a
ContentProvider. I would appreciate if any developer could give his opinion
on this matter.
Thank you !

Follow ups