--
Oreste Parlatano
oreste@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://oreste.in
+39 3663165220 (Whatsapp & Viber)
+258 848973244
+258 822732803
Skype oresteafrica

On 2016-05-08 01:06, Calle Hedberg wrote:
Hi,

I presume you want the data set exported with allocated orgunits....

The main drawback with randomly generated numbers is that a lot of
things won't make any sense with such data, like data validation rules
and indicators. It will work for certain types of "techie" testing
only - health workers won't be able to relate to data and indicators
that makes no sense.

A more useful approach would be having an app that can take a
real-world DHIS2 database and then randomise those numbers within
specific parameters:
- that general relations between different data elements and catcombos
are maintained (i.e. it changes 890 children immunised and 1000
children <1year into 925 immunised and 1045 children <1, NOT into 1834
children immunised and 287 children <1 as randomly generated numbers
might do)
- the general activity levels of different orgunittypes are maintained
(i.e. big hospitals have much larger numbers than small clinics and
mobiles).

My 2c worth

Regards
Calle