using new exporter in dhis play instance

Hi Morten,

We are planning to use created filter to get the filtered set of metadata
basing upon created date.
For example: To get a filtered set of metadata that was created since April
1, 2016
https://play.dhis2.org/demo/api/24/metadata?filter=created:gte:2016-04-01

That filter is working fine with that versioned api and we are getting
proper results. But we are getting some issues with the generic api.
https://play.dhis2.org/demo/api/metadata?filter=created:gte:2016-04-01

I assume /api/metadata is still using the old exporter whereas
/api/24/metadata is using the new exporter. Should we use /api/24/metadata
endpoint in our custom apps or is there a plan to move /api/metadata to new
exporter?

Also is it correct to have below assumptions?

   - If I am on 2.24, /api/metadata should be same as using /api/24/metadata
   - If I am on 2.23, /api/metadata should be same as using /api/23/metadata

Thanks
Aamer.

Follow ups