Visualisation of Data Element of Value Type - Organisation Unit

Hi,

We are now using the latest 2.25 DHIS version. The new feature "*Data
Element of value type organisation unit*" proves to be extremely useful to
us. We have a use-case where we want to record the geo-locations (villages)
of each individual patient at the Heath Centre they attend. And this
feature seems a right approach for us, to be used for this purpose where
these locations will be part of the master organisation unit hierarchy and
can be selected from the list shown for the data element.

We have configured a tracker type data element of value type 'org unit',
assigned to a Program and stored some data. However, when we tried to
visualise this data collected for that data element, through Event Reports
and Event Visualiser app, it gives an error saying "No series items
selected". Also, since the value of the data element is a string (which is
the UID of the org. unit), we are not clear as to how we could visualise
this data element. Ideally, what we need is a COUNT of the number of times
a geo-location (some org. unit) selected.

We also tried to use program indicators to form an expression that can give
the desired result. But, that data element doesn't even come up in the box,
where we choose data elements and form expressions. Only number type data
elements show up here.

Is there any other way we could use aggregation and visualisation for this
new data element type?
Could you also please let us know the road map for the visualisation
capabilities of this new data element.

Any help here would be appreciated.

*Cheers,*

Archana Chillala
Application Developer
Email archanac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone +91 9100960533 <+91+9100960533>
[image: ThoughtWorks]
<http://www.thoughtworks.com/?utm_campaign=archana-chillala-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_source=thoughtworks-email-signature-generator>

Follow ups