Re: DataElements don't appear ordered in the Event Capture Android App

Hi Araz,

many thanks for your quick answer.

Great if you can solve the order issue this week, please let us know when
it's done. Thanks, these are good news
Right now, we don't need indicators (it is a nice to have, but we can live
without them for a while). When do you consider all the funcionality will
be ready in this version?

Also I think I have detected a new bug related to 'Expiry period type' and
'Expiry days' (by the way, it is fantastic to have this feature in
android). The problem I have found:

This is the program configuration we have

[image: Inline image 1]
So in theory event capture shouldn't be able to upload events to dhis2
before the current month (today is 11/11/2016). The next screen represents
the EC dashboard

[image: Inline image 2]

These are the steps I follow:

1) I have created 2 events, 2016-11-11 and 2016-11-08, they were sync with
the server with no problems

2) I have created 1 event with the report date on the 2016-09-11. This
event has not been uploaded to DHIS2 (and it is correct because  the server
shouldn't allow events before November)

3) I have created 1 event on the 2016-11-11, and in this case the event
should be uploaded, but as you can see in the dashboard, it wasn't.

So the app seem to get stuck whenever there is an event out of the
"reporting period". It seems that the users can not send events anymore.
Would this be a bug? or am I missing something?

Also, it would be great if you could fill all this empty space with the
name of the  org.unit, otherwise the user can get confused... Does it make
sense?

[image: Inline image 3]

Thanks much Araz for your quick answers. The app looks great!

Regards
Jose

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Araz Abishov <araz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Jose,
>
> - It seems that all dataelements are being displayed following no order
> We are already aware of this issue and planning to release fix this week.
>
> - Would you say that the last android versions are stable enough for using
> them against 2.25?
> EventCapture is relatively stable now, however it still lacks some
> features of old event capture like support of indicators and some of the
> program rules. In other words, it depends what you need for your use case.
>
> If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask. Your feedback on
> the new app is also highly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> —
> Araz Abishov,
> Android developer, DHIS 2
> University of Oslo
> https://www.dhis2.org/
>
> On November 9, 2016 at 6:04:09 AM, Jose Garcia Muñoz (josemp10@xxxxxxxxx)
> wrote:
>

> Dear devs, Araz,
>
> I'm doing some tests with the 0.5.6 release for Android Event Capture
> pulling metadata from a 2.25 server. It seems that all dataelements are
> being displayed following no order, or at least they are not appearing in
> the same order defined in the programstage. Would this be a bug?
>
> Also, we are planning to move some countries to 2.25 in the next weeks,
> some of them are using android for data collection. Would you say that the
> last android versions are stable enough for using them against 2.25? (I'm
> mainly interested in Event Capture android app).
>
> Please let me know as we need to make a decission about using 2.25 or
> not...
>
> Thanks
> Jose

PNG image