Re: [Dhis2-users] Import of a new event (not from another instance)

Terence,

It definitely works to generate event UIDs using one of the methods above -
just be aware that the import is very slow for larger record sets.

I just imported around 2.4 mill events from 2001-2012 (with around 12
values each), and ended up having to import year by year - it still took 3
full days to import (i.e. around 40 hours). So the smart thing would be to
(a) ensure you have a lot of ram allocated to the instance (~16GB is
probably optimal), but also to limit the import file to not more than 2
mill rows.

Regards
Calle

On 12 October 2017 at 10:47, Terence Scott <terence.scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx