Option Set - Update an option code

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to build out some scripts to help with meta-data maintenance and
integrity between DHIS2 and a separate eLMIS system that I'm integrating
data from, into DHIS2.

A tracker dataelement I created to handle stock items uses an option set,
each option being and product item from the eLMIS. The eLMIS items use a
unique code and item name combination which are aligned with the option
set's options, names and codes. A potential issue is that these item names
and codes can be updated on the eLIMS side.

Is there any API feature I could use to regularly get a list of the options
names and codes from the option set?
I could then compare these to the eLMIS entries via an external matching or
translation list.....if I find an update on the eLIMS side I would then
want to update the code or name on the DHIS2 option while maintaining the
integrity of any existing events in DHIS2 using that option.

Happy to explain it further with a detailed example if required.

Many thanks,
Kevin

Follow ups