Add/Update Public resources permission

Dear developers,

I'm a little confused about the term "public" regarding user permissions
and I'd really appreciate any lead on this. Imagine that we have the
following case:

   - User B has a role with permissions on See Pivot Table.

User A creates a table and shares it with B and set it as Public access -->
none

When User B tries to update and save that table this is the result

It seems that User B need to have the permission *Add/ Update Public Report
Table* in order to edit/share that table. From my understanding, as the
table was set to Public --> none I should not need to add that permission
to user B.

So, what is the meaning of "Public" here? Is any shared resource considered
as public even if it is shared only to a user/usergroup? Is this the
expected behaviour or is it a bug? (Tested for play version 2.28. Not
possible to access to 2.29 since yesterday).

Ideally, we'd rather avoid giving this permission since then all users'
tables are created with Public edit/view permissions by default.

Best,

Eric

PNG image

PNG image