dhis2-documenters team mailing list archive

Re: [Dhis2-devs] Multilingual documents in the documentation branch

2009/10/27 Jason Pickering <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx>

> Howdy. I have managed to modify, I think, the directory structure a
> bit to make the creation of multilingual version of documents a bit
> more manageable. I will update the documentation guide soon on exactly
> what the procedure is. Briefly, all documents for a given language
> should be placed into the /src/docbkx/XX folder, where XX represents
> the ISO language code ( I suggest 639-1 unless there are other
> reasons, but this should match what DHIS2 is using as well). All
> resources, such as images, should be placed in the /src/resources
> directory, which has been moved out of the /src/docbkx directory.  I
> am assuming that maybe the images should be language independent, but
> am not really sure about this. This is a point for consideration.

Thanks for doing this Jason, good work.

I think images are just as context-bound as the text.
We've seen from our previous work that It is important to have screen shots
from the local version in the manual reflecting local data element names,
reports etc. If this is not too complicated to achieve I would suggest we go
for this.

Ola