Re: Getting started

One problem with using an environment variable is that you sometimes have to
reboot Windows for it to take effect - which is very annoying. In order to
check that you are indeed connected to the right database, please go to Help
-> About DHIS 2 to verify your connection. E.g. here in the online demo:
http://dhis.uio.no/demo/dhis-web-commons-about/about.action

<http://dhis.uio.no/demo/dhis-web-commons-about/about.action>Knut

On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The time periods are generated on a "need to have" basis, i.e. if you
> select a new year in the data entry view, more periods will be generated.
>

> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Right, I realized just now that it was the Jetty that comes with Geoserver
>> that was blocking Tomcat. I take it you are working on Windows? You'll
>> either have to change one of the ports or run one of them at a time - which
>> should be fine for now. The alternative would be to just move the Geoserver
>> webapp to Tomcat.
>>
>> Since you can create users, Hibernate has probably done what it is
>> supposed to do, namely create the (mostly empty) database tables, although I
>> find it strange that the users table is empty if you have created a new
>> user.
>>
>> Knut
>>

>> On Mon, Mar 1, 2010 at 4:52 PM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CCID/NCHHSTP) (CTR)
>> <rdf4@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>  By stopping the Geoserver service, I got access to Tomcat back again.
>>> I can log into DHIS2.  I can create a new user and login with those
>>> credentials.  It does not appear that Hibernate has done anything, I still
>>> only have the one year's worth of time periods in the database.  The users
>>> table is still empty.

>>> the (latest build of the) documentation:

--
Cheers,
Knut Staring