Re: [Dhis2-devs] Can't roll up

Hi,

Using the same database as Roger I managed to reproduce this problem and
found that the clearing the hierarchy history as suggested by Lars, solved
it.

The problem was aggregation up the hierarchy from the raw data at district
level to region or national, as all aggregates for orgunits above the
district level were 0 in the report table.

Apparently something has happened during the creation or later fixing of the
orgunit hierarchy which has lead to a problem with the aggregation.
Clearing the hierarchy history made the system rebuild the hierarchy
structure again and then it worked.

It is always good practice to clear the hierarchy history after finishing
the initial customisation work as the history then is more a history of
fixes and tweaking and not a real history of how the organisational
structure has changed over time. This also speeds up the aggregation process
as no history needs to be taken into account.

Of course later when in production and real changes to the hierarchy are
necessary to reflect real world changes then one should not clear the
history after making such changes.....

Lars might fill in more technical details as to how this problem happened.

Ola