Re: [Dhis2-devs] Can't roll up

Thanks, Ola.  I have cleared the hierarchy history through the menu.

Thanks, Lars.  I got hung up in the failure of the resource tables operation and didn't try clearing the history.

For my information, in what table is the hierarchy history?  And what function does it perform in relation to the rollup?  Is this an effort to automatically account for changes in the hierarchy when doing roll-ups?  There have been frequent hierarchy changes in Ghana (almost all district splits), a problem which I have put on the shelf until I get basic functionality.

From: Ola Hodne Titlestad [mailto:olatitle@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, June 07, 2010 8:30 AM
To: Lars Helge Øverland
Cc: Jason Pickering; dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Friedman, Roger (CDC/OID/NCHHSTP) (CTR); DHIS 2 developers
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-devs] [Dhis2-users] Can't roll up

Hi,

Using the same database as Roger I managed to reproduce this problem and found that the clearing the hierarchy history as suggested by Lars, solved it.

The problem was aggregation up the hierarchy from the raw data at district level to region or national, as all aggregates for orgunits above the district level were 0 in the report table.

Apparently something has happened during the creation or later fixing of the orgunit hierarchy which has lead to a problem with the aggregation.
Clearing the hierarchy history made the system rebuild the hierarchy structure again and then it worked.

It is always good practice to clear the hierarchy history after finishing the initial customisation work as the history then is more a history of fixes and tweaking and not a real history of how the organisational structure has changed over time. This also speeds up the aggregation process as no history needs to be taken into account.

Of course later when in production and real changes to the hierarchy are necessary to reflect real world changes then one should not clear the history after making such changes.....

Lars might fill in more technical details as to how this problem happened.

Ola