Re: Problems building resource tables

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 12:28 AM, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR) <
rdf4@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Folks --
>
>             I am unable to generate the Org Unit Structure and Org Unit
> Group Set Structure Normalized resource tables.  My org unit stuff passes
> data integrity tests.  The errors are
>
>                         Failed to Add Objects at
> org.amplecode.quick.batchhandler.AbstratBatchHandler.addObject (line 195) in
> org.hisp.dhis.resourcetable.defaultresourcetablesservice.generateorganizationunitstructures
> (line 192) and
>                         Failed to flush batch handler at
> org.amplecode.quick.batchhandler.AbstratBatchHandler.addObject (line 290) in
> org.hisp.dhis.resourcetable.defaultresourcetablesservice.generategroupsetstructures
> (line 241)
>
>             I suspect the issue may have to do with Tomcat 6.0 (I had
> previously been using 5.5) memory.  The two fixes that I knew about for that
> release (env var JAVAOPTS = -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -XX:PermSize=256m
> -XX:MaxPermSize=768m and web.xml jsp servlet init-param enablePooling=false)
> slowed things waaaaaaaaaaaaay down (substantially all pages never finished
>
>             Suggestions to diagnose or fix?

Hi, this works in postgresql but apparently not in mysql. Will have a look
at this.

>             While I am here, I read Ola's chapter on reporting, which was
> very useful.  It made clear what I was just coming to realize, that
> disaggregation groups are not rolled up to the next level.  This means that
> indicators based on disaggregation groups (percent of patients whose CD4
> count was less than 350 at the first visit) don't roll up, we are basically
> left with making each cell of disaggregated data a data element of its own.
> I suppose I can work around it, but it's a big disappointment.  Am I
> understanding this right?  Is it on the workplan?

We do have support for this through the "Data element dimension" report
table (Report -> Report table). Here you select a category combination (or
disaggregation group in your terminology) and its data elements. The report
table will automatically provide all disaggregated values, all sub-totals
and the total for each dimensional data element.

Lars