Re: Problems building resource tables

On 26 August 2010 00:28, Friedman, Roger (CDC/CGH/DGHA) (CTR)
<rdf4@xxxxxxx>wrote:

>   Folks --
>             While I am here, I read Ola's chapter on reporting, which was
> very useful.  It made clear what I was just coming to realize, that
> disaggregation groups are not rolled up to the next level.  This means that
> indicators based on disaggregation groups (percent of patients whose CD4
> count was less than 350 at the first visit) don't roll up, we are basically
> left with making each cell of disaggregated data a data element of its own.
> I suppose I can work around it, but it's a big disappointment.  Am I
> understanding this right?  Is it on the workplan?
>
> Thanks all, Roger

Hi Roger,

I am not 100% sure I understand what functionality you are asking for, but
let me give you an example of what is possible and maybe that will help:

I have a data element called "Malaria new cases" and a categorycombo called
'MorbidityAge+Gender', two categories MorbidityAge(<5y,>5y) and Gender
(Male, Female), with the possible catoptioncombos being: <5y Male,<5y
Female, >5y Male,>5 Female. These data values are collected monthly.

I also have a data element called "Population <5y" with the default (none)
catcombo collected yearly.

Then I have an indicator called 'Malaria incidence rate <5y' with a
numerator expression like:
("Malaria new cases"+"<5y Male") + ("Malaria new cases"+"<5 Female")

and a denominator expression: "Population <5y"

The indicator is of type percentage and annualised (makes the factor 1200
for monthly indicator values).

In any of the report tools (report table, chart, map, datamart) I can ask
for the indicator value of "Malaria incidence rate <5y" for any orgunit at
any level from individual health facilities to the country level aggregate
value.

If this is what you mean by rolling up to the next level then this is
supported.

Maybe you could give a more detailed example of what you want?

What annoys be a bit and which will be improved for 2.0.6 is that you cannot
use subtotals, like Malaria new cases <5y directly in the indicator
expressions, but in stead have to do it piece by piece as in my example
above. Thsi becomes very tedious if you have many catoptioncombos that needs
to be added together. As I said, the 2.0.6 will support the use of subtotals
and totals in such expressions:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/subtotals-in-expressions

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>