Re: Data Import tools for DHIS2

Hi Shinchi,
The format I was referring to is actually DXF or DHIS Exchange Format
(I think?). Anyway, it is the internal XML format used by DHIS to
transmit data between different DHIS systems, as well as for import of
data to DHIS from external sources, such as your legacy database. An
XSD of the schema is available here

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dhis2-documenters/dhis2/dhis2-docbook-docs/files/head%3A/src/schemas/dxf_v1_schema/

ETL tools are simply useful for the transformation of data from data
bases of one format, into different formats, such as CSV or XML (or
other database structures). I personally feel that the learning curve
that Roger mentioned is not so steep, and find Kettle to be extremely
intuitive, but this is very much a personal preference. There are many
different ways to migrate the data, conversion to XML being one of
them. It is really just a matter of personal preference using tools
that you are comfortable with.

Regards,
Jason