Re: Assigning a category / category combo to a data element.

Hi Dave,
Welcome!

Its is a bit confusing to me as well. Let me try and explain as best
as I can. Others that understand the model may correct me.

You need to create a "Concept". In this case, it would probably
"Phase" as well.

 You need to create categories. In your case this would be a "Phase".

You need to create category options, "Phase A" and "Phase B" for the
category "Phase".

You need a "Data element category combination" as well. In your case,
it would be "Phases" perhaps. If the data elements is further
disaggregated by categories "Age" and "Gender" you could add these
categories as well.

Finally , you need a data element "Number of patients testing positive
for disease X"  assigned tp "Combination of categories"

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jason