Re: using the new DHIS2 version

2011/3/21 Thuy Nguyen <thuy.hispvietnam@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Lars,
>
> In version 2.1, creating standard report has to selected only 1 report
> table. I'm wondering how it will manage if I want to generate a report with
> dataelements in different kind of perios like yearly and monthly together.
> At this point 2.0.6 we can select 2 report tables. But what about 2.1? do we
> have to create a report table with all the dataelements need in that report
> without care about aggregation period?
>
> You mentioned about import jrxml file into the existing ireport file. But I
> couldn't find how to import it in ireport.

Thuy,

In iReport you simply open the .jrsml file and will see the report there and
ready for editing.
As far as I know yuu cannot merge a new jrxml file into an existing one. The
.jrxml file you download is a complete report with design and data
connection set up.
You cannot preview inside iReport (since we cannot get the xml data over the
network), instead you use DHIS 2 standard report to preview the design.

When it comes to reports and multiple periods you can choose to cross tab
the period dimension (top of the page selection), and then select multiple
relative periods, e.g. Reporting month and Quarters this year. Then you will
get 4 columns for your periods (one for the reporting month and the four
quarters). If you then list data element on rows (not cross tabbed) you will
get the data elements listed and their monthly and quarterly values next to
it. As Lars says, just give it a try and you will understand more.

This part is also covered in detail in the user manual.

Ola
---------