Re: [Dhis2-devs] DHIS 2 Live

Olav,

How offline are these districts? Can they not get connected through mobile
usb modems/dongles? There is so much to gain from online deployment that I
would check out every alternative of connectivity before deciding to go
completely offline. The mobile Internet solution is working very well in
Kenya. With the offline data entry capabilities in the upcoming 2.4, the
districts do not have to be online during the data entry process, which is a
major advantage in areas with poor/unstable connectivity.

Further recommendations on deployment can be found in the implementation
guide here:
http://dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/implementer/html/ch04.html

And a presentation on the same topic in the zip file with implementation
guide slides here:
http://dhis2.org/download/presentations/presentations.zip

Ola
-------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>