Fwd: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] National E health strategy

This should be of interest to many on this list as well.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Kanter <andy_kanter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 2:05 AM
Subject: Re: [OPENMRS-IMPLEMENTERS] National E health strategy
To: openmrs-implement-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Judy,

Nadi Kaonga from our mHealth team put together this email for Walter
Curioso... hope it helps!

I have not been able to go through all of the following ICT policies, but
believe
that some have the application of ICTs for health incorporated into
their national policies.  [Most of the countries are in Africa as that
has been my focus with MVP.]  This has me thinking that it would be
nice if there could be some formal ICT Policy Database online that
could be queried on various variables...maybe that will be a future
project for me.

http://www.oafrica.com/ict-policy/african-nations-with-active-national-ict-plans/
>Links to: Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Botswana, Cameroon, CAR, Chad,
Egypt, The Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritania, Mauritius,
Morocco, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland,
Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe

http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/profiles/blogs/national-ict-policies
> Links to: Botswana, Trinidad&Tobago, Madagascar, Belize, Cameroon, Kenya,
Pakistan, Ghana

EU eHealth Action Plan:
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/activities/health/policy/index_en.htm

I hope this is of some help to you.  I apologise that I can not
pinpoint exactly which countries have mHealth explicitly noted in
their policy...but my guess would be Ghana, Kenya and Senegal (for
starters).

All the best,
Nadi

--------------------
Andrew S. Kanter, MD MPH

- Director of Health Information Systems/Medical Informatics
Millennium Villages Project, Earth Institute, Columbia University
- Asst. Prof. of Clinical Biomedical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology
Columbia University

Email: andrew.kanter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mobile: +1 (646) 469-2421
Office: +1 (212) 305-4842