Re: Hierarchy options

On 10.10.2011 20:40, Jason Pickering wrote:
Hi Alvin,

Also, there are peculiarities with politics in the Philippines where we also
visualize data by political congressional districts (a collection of
municipalities at the same level as ILHzs but a completely different set of
municipalities).

This is indeed a more interesting question.

Yes, and not uncommon. I think Botswana had health districts and election districts, not corresponding to each other. In Sierra Leone they have districts, divided into chiefdoms. Then they have something of a more political role, called local councils, which is a collection of chiefdoms not necessarily corresponding to a full district. For instance, the biggest cities have their own local councils, while some smaller districts only have one local council for the whole district. The local council has been implemented as an orgunit group, so it's possible to sort and filter facility data by these local councils. As Jason points out, you would need to work a bit to see this data. In Sierra Leone we use pivot tables, from where we can make charts etc. by local council.

Johan

I would be tempted to say to setup an entirely separate instance of
DHIS2, which you fed data to, and then reaggregated from village level
to political congressional districts. Alternatively, you could attempt
to use organisational unit group sets to try and do this, but you
would not be able to visualize the data inside DHIS2. You could do the
aggregation with the help of the orgunit group sets but would need to
pull into into some GIS program into order to produce the maps.

Would be interested to hear what others feel would be a reasonable
approach to this issue of a parallel geographical hierarchy, as it is
not the first time it has come up.

Regards,
Jason