Re: looking for some examples on the use of multidimensional dataelements

Hi Murod,

I think your analysis is not entirely correct, or perhaps I am
misunderstanding you.

The categoryoptioncombo (i.e. Male, <1 ) is in effect a degenerate
dimension which is always bound to the data element and the combination of
dataelementid and categoryoptioncomboid is essentially a composite key for
this dimension.

 One could also analyze the fact table on this dimension as well, to pull
out all disease instances of Males under 1 year of age, and not only the
data elements/periods/orgunits. In fact, analyzing the data element
dimension alone usually makes little sense, except in the context of
totals.

Regards,
Jason