From: olatitle@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:olatitle@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ola Hodne Titlestad
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 10:55 AM
To: Wilson,Randy
Cc: dhis2-users
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] Problem with data element selection in Chart module

On 18 November 2011 09:25, Wilson,Randy <rwilson@xxxxxxx<mailto:rwilson@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone noticed this yet, but the data element selection dialog for the chart module does not function correctly, it allows you to select data elements, but it does not display category combinations.  In our case FP_Oral Contraceptives should display sub categories (New Users) or (Continuing Users).
There is no support for categories in charts. You can only get the totals for the data elements. It is actually the same also in GIS or Data Visualizer. The only places where data analysis on category level is supported is using data set reports (obviously), report tables/standard reports (use the report table type called Data Element Dimension Table), in excel pivots connected to mydatamart, and via the use of indicators you can display category-level data in all modules (cumbersome, but can be done).

This is why I am always preaching that the categories should be designed so that the total for the data element makes sense for data analysis, and not just to make the auto form look good.

Ola
------

In case this is any help, here is the URL on our local network copy.  Using Version: 2.5 Build revision: 4982

http://192.168.1.3:8080/dhis/dhis-web-reporting/displayAddChartForm.action?id=15089&dimension=organisationUnit_dataElement

If anyone tries to create a chart like this they will get a mix of apples and oranges.

Most of the other data element selection dialogs work correctly… eg in the GIS module, and when creating indicator definitions.

Has this bug been fixed?

Randy Wilson, Rwanda

Error! Filename not specified.