Re: Health Facility coordinates in DHIS2

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Jan Henrik Øverland <
janhenrik.overland@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 10:55, Sam Kasozi <kasozis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The process is a bit cumbersome and needs to be improved. It assumes that
your data are in ESRI Shape format which can be converted to GML using for
example ogr2ogr. (It also assumes that you have made sure the names in your
file match exactly the names you already have in DHIS2)

In order to convert a CSV file or spreadsheet to the shape format, you can
make use of Quantum GIS
http://support.mapbox.com/kb/mapping-101/using-quantumgis-converting-a-spreadsheet-with-coordinates-for-use-in-tilemill

If you are comfortable with MS Access, may be faster to link both the
coordinate table and  the Postgres organisationunit table into Access using
an ODBC connection, but you have to make sure you enter in the right format

Knut

2. How do i get the facilities to display as points in the GIS module in