localization question

Can anybody help Randy with this locale issue?

" trying to work on data element translation for the SIScom database.
[11:29:24 IST] Randy Wilson: can't seem to find any documentation on
it.  I see the translation table. and have filled it with dataelement
names in Kinyarwanda.  For the moment we are using the 'sw' locale
code, since I can't find where to add new locales for 'kn' kinyarwanda
for example.
[13:39:49 IST] Randy Wilson: got the translations working finally...
but still don't know where to add new locales."

Follow ups