From: dhis2-users-bounces+hiattt=wpro.who.int@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+hiattt=wpro.who.int@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Johan Sæbø
Sent: 02 May 2012 17:42
To: dhis2-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] [Dhis2-devs] DHIS version 2.8 released

Hi Tom,

for calculating the overlapping categories, you can define them as
indicators.

For example; Data Element "Population", with catcombo age+sex, would be
used for M/F <1, 1-4, 5-14, 15-25 etc

Then for any combo of these, like <5 or <14, make an indicator with the
expression: "Population <1"+"Population 1-4" + etc. You can add whatever
you want, to construct your indicators <5 Male, <5 Female, <5 Total etc.
Then you have these indicators to use whenever you would like to,
without the need to calculate them each time.

Johan