Re: Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is display set properly?

Thanks for your time Morten. What I meant is gedit *or* pgadmin3.

gedit is a graphical text editor in Ubuntu. pgadmin3 is also a graphical
application that can be used to administer postgresql database. I get the
error message* (Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is display set
properly?) *each
time I try to run any of those programs.
I am connecting through Putty to the Ubuntu 10.0.4 server.