Re: Problem regarding DHIS2 metadata migration from MySQL to PostgreSQL

Hi Hannan,

What you pasted in the email seems like a base64 string of an image. Unless
gmail screwed something from the email that you sent, I request that you
send logs or long text as attachments, instead of inline email message.

Sequences in postgreSQL are similar to auto-increment ids in MySQL. Their
values are generated during the insert statements and will depend on the
initial value of the sequence. You can manually set the sequence
value<http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-sequence.html>(i.e.
setval) before you start importing, to ensure that the values start
from 1. Either ways, the metadata xml does not have the internal Ids (i.e.
the organisationunitid and similar). Those ids are generated and if other
organisationunits exist in the system into which you are importing, then
you would not like to overwrite these internal ids.

If you are starting with a blank database, why not let DHIS2 2.11 create
the blank database schema. Then on empty tables set the sequences to 1 and
run the metadata import after that to ensure that they started from 1.

---
Regards,
Saptarshi PURKAYASTHA

My Tech Blog:  http://sunnytalkstech.blogspot.com