Re: Dropdown selections on patient data entry form

I will be great if you could control the behaviour of the fields associated
to option-sets. The confusion which has been relayed by my test users,
arises because you have a drop down that, well, doesn't behave like a
'classic' drop down   - users are expecting all values to be listed.

In most cases you probably want the drop-down to work on 'classic' mode
(e.g., all values shown, regardless of what's selected), but in other
cases, like when using ICD-10 values, you only want the auto-complete
function to be active. In that case, perhaps, the icon offering a
'drop-down' shouldn't be offered...

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM, James Chang <jamesbjchang@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>   Hi,
>
> I have issue seeing other chioces on option list dropdown of Single Event
> without Registration, but I think this probably applies to all other
> patient data entry forms as well.
>
> The dropdown selection fields of patient data entry form now has
> autocomplete feature.  But with this, it hides all the other selections
> when typing or when the value is entered.
> So, with a value entered, the dropdown would not list other options, but
> only list the selected value in dropdown. (refer to the attached image)
>
> I think the preferred action would be auto selecting the typed/typing word
> from the dropdown list while displaying all the options in the dropdown.
>
> Thanks.

*Rodolfo Meliá*
*Principal*
rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.knowming.com
+1 708 872 7636
+44 777 576 4090
Skype: rod.melia
Twitter: @RodolfoMelia <https://twitter.com/RodolfoMelia>

Note: Please note my new email address, which I will be using for PSI
related work: rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx